Sunday, September 2, 2018

Meadow is gone

Two years ago we moved from Washington to Florida. We brought 5 rabbits with us across the country. 5 was all we could fit in the car, and most hotel rooms.  It was the most stressful thing I have ever done. We all made it fine.

Meadow had been diagnosed with thymoma months before we moved.  When moving plans were being worked on I was thinking that Meadow would not be able to make the journey, and I had a wonderful bunny person that was willing to take her. But Meadow was doing well, she had already lived longer than JT did with thymoma. So I took her on a few car rides to see how she did. The car rides went well, so I decided to take her with us across the country. I'm glad I did.

Meadow bonded to me after JT died. I spent every minute I could with her and I was with her when she took her last breath. She had a wonderful bunny personality and was very brave. She always loved jumping up on things. There was a short time where she lived in our guest bathroom, her favorite place was on top of the bathroom counter, and loved to push everything off the counter, much like a cat. She also lived in our office, where I would find her on top of the desk, eating all the paper she could find.

Meadow and her babies were our first fosters. Though my time volunteering at the Humane Society proved to be a sad and disapointing experience, I'm glad I was able to save a few rabbits during my time there.

Meadow died 5/18/2017.







JT and Meadow are together again. I miss them so much.


No comments: