Sunday, April 3, 2011

Officially the first fosters of 2011; and what a sad pair they are. They are stinky, dirty, and skinny. Someone found them. This time I believe it.

I believe they are both boys. Not positive on the brown one. Sad thing is that I can't even let them out of their pen to spend time with them; they spray and hump. Well who wants a pet that does that? No wonder someone dumped them. HEY PEOPLE-SPAY AND NEUTER YOUR RABBITS! I would like to choke that asshole that dumped them.

I have already tried to clean up the white one. After an hour I didn't get very far. I tried a short bath and blow dry. It didn't help much, he has too many hair mats. He was tired and held still long enough for me to cut some hair. I found out later that bathing makes mats worse and I should either carefully try to comb them out, or shave them off.

Best meal they have had in a long time.
Makes me think they are siblings when they lay on each other.
What a freakin mess.

6 comments:

Lavender Rabbit said...

Those poor babies! So glad they are safe now. I would love to help you with the choking part, stupid people. Nose rubs to both the little humpy cuties!

Lisa said...

Yuck. Good luck with those two. So sad. I wonder if they were last year's easter bunnies.

d. moll, l.ac. said...

They are lucky, thanks for taking them in.

RG said...

We've probably choked the SOBs before already a few times. Some never learn.

Good Work L.

bunnits said...

It is so hard to believe that people treat their animals the way these little guys were treated. Thank goodness those poor bunnies ended up with you. Now they have a chance at happy lives.

PJ said...

This is so sad but now their lives will get better with you caring for them. Thanks, Laura. It means a lot to see someone going the extra mile.