Saturday, January 21, 2012

Clint is doing better

I have noticed a bit of improvement over the last month. My friend, Ann, who comes over and gives Clint his shot, has noticed improvement also.





Last weekend Clint and Gerald moved from the garage to the office. They have been in the house before, during wintertime. It took Gerald a few days to adjust, they both have now settled in just fine. It's nice to keep an eye on them and see what they do during the day (mostly sleep).







But in the last few days I have seen Clint in the box eating hay, not a lot, but it's something he is doing on his own. He is still on some meds, but I have stopped others. Finally getting some Critical Care has helped also, as Clint has lost a lot of weight and still won't eat pellets on his own.





Here are the boys from this afternoon.











From the beginning of Clint's illness I have had great support from the rabbit "community", including Thea, Cat, Christina and Angie (at Special Bunny), along with those of you that have sent messages and left your kind words here, all have kept me, and Clint, going, one day at a time. I thank you all for that.





On another note I want to mention that I had an article printed in the most recent HRS journal. I was so excited, until I read it, and reread it. The changes in the article, I feel, make the story confusing. I wonder what you thought of it.




No matter what I do I cannot remove all the extra spaces between paragraphs, really ticks me off...

9 comments:

Duchess's Slave said...

So glad to hear that Clint's doing better!!
That is great that he was nibbling by himself, always a sign of some improvement! Hope that he makes a full recovery soon! Keep us posted when you can!

I remember when I first brought Daisy(First bunny) in full-time, I was able to spend so much more time with her, and know what she was up to much more often. It was such a nice change.

d. moll, l.ac. said...

Hooray for Clint and a thousand cheers for you, Laura, for such good care and love.

bunnits said...

I am so glad that Clint is doing better. I'd been watching my blog list for an update and was really glad to see this.

Crafty Green Poet said...

So glad that Clint is doing better!

RG said...

Yay for Clint and all there. I can't read that article ... but i know it was good =:<)

Jade said...

Yay for feeling better! Mr. Mick and I will continue to think lots of good thoughts for Clint's continued recovery.

Christina said...

It is wonderful to see Clint thriving. Gerald is an excellent helper.

Lisa said...

I am so happy to hear that Clint is feeling better!!! I will continue to cross my fingers for further improvement. I did read your article (not sure if you saw my comment from last time), I don't remember being confused, but I will re-read it later and let you know. I was so surprised to learn that the boys were feral. After reading your blog for two years or so, I had no idea!

Lisa said...

PS. I can't imagine trying to medicate a feral rabbit. Hats off to you. I find it nearly impossible to medicate my own little rascals!