Sunday, July 6, 2008

Bambi and Cinnamon are back outside

I really enjoyed having them in the house. But Bambi's true colors started to show over the last 2 days. She was digging in the carpet (funny to see really); she did no damage. She decided that all magazines and newspapers were particularly yummy. One electrical cord was in her way, so she picked it up with her teeth to move it. Yikes.

Cinnamon was always interested in what we were eating (Bambi was not). He loves ice cream; he also eats pretzel's and cookies. I only gave him the teeniest bites, but he ate it.

I started Gerald on his medication this morning. His eye was so goopy and crusty I brought him in the house to clean it (he wouldn't hold still for me if I tried to clean it outside). Bambi gets her stitches taken out tomorrow. Seems to me that she can't close her eye completely, but it is better than it was before. I have been putting an artificial tear in it every night.

With Bambi and Cinnamon in the house for a week, it gave the grass in the rabbitat a chance to grow. After a few hours the grass is already almost all eaten up....

4 comments:

RG said...

What a nice treat!!! Nom Nom Nom ...

Anonymous said...

i love having rabbits in the house but can't have them free roam with my puppy. it amazes me how they can just pick up and move a cord and in doing that cut right through it! ;-)

i'm trying to grow my outdoor rabbitat too before putting zinger in it so the plants have a chance to last! fat chance, eh?!!

d. moll, l.ac. said...

Rabbits are grass mowers, for sure. Those are some lucky bunnies, even if they don't get to stay in the house and remodel.

Deb Cushman said...

Well, it was nice to have them visit -- kind of like a vacation for them! Makes them appreciate their outside home even more.