Friday, July 25, 2008

Darn those teeth.

This morning after the buns had their breakfast I tried to get some gunk off of Bambi's eyeball. I tried the drops first; hoping it would move the gunk to the corner of her eye, but that didn't work. Then I tried a tissue. As I was on my knees, hunched over Bambi, Cinnamon comes over (like he always does) and tries to figure out what I am doing. He hops over to my other side and "CHOMP". "OUCH! HEY WHAT WAS THAT FOR??!!!!" Either I was in his way or he was trying to save Bambi from my evil clutches. I have been bitten before, but usually I deserve it because I am holding them, this time I wasn't even paying attention to him.

Tonight I decided that Clint and Gerald needed their nails cut. The best way to do this is to bring them in the house, where they are a bit more behaved because they are scared. I got Clint in a bunny burrito, hubby held the flashlight for me (his nails are dark) and got them all clipped, and he didn't budge. When I was done we looked at Clint and just laughed because only his head was poking out of the towel and his eyes were closed, and he wasn't moving.

Then it was Gerald's turn....

7 comments:

RG said...

Sleepy Bambino ...

I know ... I got all the way down there and then remembered you guys and Fred Meyer!

Never camping? Well now you are stuck unless we come feed the bunns!!! I suggest renting a camping cabin at the KOA north of Burlington for a night!!!!

d. moll, l.ac. said...

Nail clipping can be so relaxing, for some....We did nails the other day......

PJ said...

PJ is very, very jealous. Bunny looks so sweet.
Right now 16 yr old boycat is being treated with antibiotics and now, he hates me.:<(
(But I still love him.:<})

Deb Cushman said...

He looks so cute all wrapped up in his burrito bunting! If there was only some way to get through to them that we are just trying to help, there would be a lot less disapproval (and chomping of us) going on!

Anonymous said...

awww so adorable :-) hard to believe they can be so vicious when they're that cute!

Fez and the Gang said...

My goodness, have been reading back over all the posts. These are the rabbits from Reno that kind of went a bit feral correct? There is a huge sanctuary I think in Ohio that has a whole bunch of them as well. Keeping them cared for while outside sounds like so much more work than having them inside!

Friend of the Animals said...

Hey fez!
YOU are the one I love so much, you are the most unique bun I have ever seen!

Thanks for visiting my page!

Yes they are feral, which is why the shelter said they would be happier outdoors with the company of eachother, not humans. The baby bunnies were able to be adopted to live in homes. But because I have cats, I chose the outdoor buns. They would have given me as many as I wanted, but I chose 4.